Good evening EML Tigers!
The first week of school is complete and it was so successful. Thanks go out to our students and families for showing up to school ready to learn, play and have fun. It was amazing to see all of the smiling faces on everyone. This is the type of energy that will propel us into a wonderful school year. I have a few updates for everyone on the week.
- Many parents have been asking about school supplies and needs. As a school district, we supply all of the essential needs to run a classroom for learning. However, there may be some special needs that each teacher has. Please check in with your classroom teacher to see what he or she may need to make your class extra special.
- Enrollment shifts and changes are going to continue at least through the end of next week. We will only make the moves 100% necessary.
- The parking lots are FULL! With 700+ students enrolled, we will continue to face pick up and drop off issues. Here are some reminders and some rules to follow during these times.
- Please be patient, kind and courteous. The #1 thing we need is to make sure all students and family members stay safe and sound when getting to and from school.
- Please do not honk your horns. Honking your horn does not make anyone move faster and it doesn’t make the situation better.
- DO NOT park in the red zones. They are red so everyone can move.
- DO NOT park in the yellow zones. Stay with your car and move up the line. This is for loading and unloading only.
- Park in a parking spot or on the blacktop if you would like to walk in to pick up your student(s).
- We still need to have 100% of our parents log into Aeries and complete their data confirmation information. We are currently at 83%. This confirmation needs to be completed each year. If you are unsure if you have completed the 7 steps in Aeries, please click this link and follow the instructions.
- Our first character trait this year is RESPECT. We will kick off with our student assembly on Monday and look for ways we see, show and exemplify RESPECT throughout the first month of school. Be on the look out for videos and flyers sharing activities you could do at home.
- We start regular day for 1st through 5th grade next week. This means students are in school from 8:00-2:05. TK and Kindergarten students still get out at 11:20.
- We have 3 nominated community members for our School Site Council this year. We have 3 open seats. Please click this link and vote yes or no for each of the nominees. Also, due to timing issues, all initial elementary school School Site Council meetings have been moved from Wednesday, August 16 to Tuesday, August 29.
We hope you all have a wonderful weekend. See you Monday!