We have wrapped up the month of August and stepping in to the 1st of September. We are getting close to completing a full month since the start of school. Here are some updates and reminders:
- There is NO SCHOOL on Monday September 4th due to the Labor Day Holiday. Enjoy your time together.
- Throughout the month of September, we will continue to practice our Character Trait of RESPECT. Today students enjoyed a lunch time DJ who played great music and reminded them about what it looks like and sounds like to practice respect at school. Here is a family newsletter that shares ways you can lead that conversation at home with your student(s).
- This week important information was sent home with families regarding upcoming events. Picture Day form if you choose to purchase pictures. Picture Day is scheduled for Wednesday September 13th. The student also received a packet regarding our major fundraising event, Jog-a-Thon scheduled for Wednesday October 4th. Click the link for an electronic copy.
- There is just ONE more week of kindergarten minimum days. The last day for this is Friday, September 8. Starting on Monday, September 11 we will have everyone full day. Please prepare for this to have an impact on after school pick-up so you can plan accordingly.
- A HUGE THANKS to the families that have been making some shifts with times and parking. It helps ease traffic issues during drop off and pick up.
- Dropping off before 7:45 for breakfast in the cafeteria.
- Parking on 7th Street & Decoto or the residential areas.
- Walking or Rolling to school.
- Using the blacktop before 8:00AM and before 2:05PM.
- Please submit any art for our LatinX Heritage Month Art Showcase. Please check out this flyer (English, Spanish, or Chinese) and look for another email regarding the showcase information later.
Have a wonderful 3-Day weekend!